– Motherhood is having a little human rip through your body causing you immense pain, to only ask seconds later: Is he OK? Why isn’t she crying?
– Being a mother means you are a caretaker, a nurse, a cook, a cleaner, a life coach, an inspirational speaker, a driver, a dietitian, a motivator, a cheerleader, an educational counselor, an event planner, and a secretary. In addition to many other roles without being paid a dime.
– It is being in excoriating pain while breastfeeding and what saddens you is that the baby isn’t getting enough milk.
– Motherhood is being put on bed rest for months, undergoing surgeries, and suffering through physical and emotional distress and the only thing you care about is how these tiny triplets must grow.
– Being a mother means that taking a shower uninterrupted equals a day at the spa.
– It is to have your heart swollen with joy and broken by the same little human multiple times and still love them to the moon and back.
– Motherhood is to be never able to wear light colors or have a hot drink.
– It means that colic, vomiting, and pooping are normal conversation topics now.
– Being a mother means that date night with your husband means: “Let’s talk about the kids somewhere where they can’t hear us.”
– Motherhood means cheering your children so hard when they win and cheering them even harder when they lose.
– When you are a mom, you think of your children before you sleep and the moment you get up.
– It is sweating in terror of making the slightest noise that might wake up your baby.
– Is finishing your children’s vegetables and cooking vegetables again the next day because they are healthy.
– When you become a mother, you finally realize why your mother was always so tired.
– Motherhood is being awoken by the slightest noise your baby makes at night despite being a heavy sleeper.
– It is crying of joy more than crying of sadness.
– Being a mother means never being alone in the bathroom.
– It is the ability to turn from miss sunshine to a hard-core gangster in a split second if anyone hurts your child.
– When you are a mom and you plan anything for yourself, someone will get sick, there will be a school event, or there will be a dentist appointment.
– Motherhood is best rewarded with hugs, and kisses and you are the best mom cards.
– Being a mom means you can fix anything and that you can make any pain go away.
– It is to have your body change forever, with stretch marks and c-section scars.
– Being a mother is believing in your children more than believing in yourself.
– It is to never have a sick leave no matter how sick you get.
– Motherhood Is making pancakes on weekends instead of sleeping in.
– Motherhood is doubting yourself every day, while not knowing that to your children you are a superhero with superpowers.
What does motherhood mean for you?